Friday, February 25, 2011

Trippel - New Belgium

APPEARANCE:(4) Beautiful golden color. The foam is thick and dense.

AROMA:(3) Fruity and esters. Banana marshmallows

FLAVOR:(3) Rather sweet palate at first that mellows out in the end and leaves a little bit of dryer finish. Low bitterness.

EXTRA:(3) New Belgium always produce good products. Their website is excellent and their bottles are pretty and have informative information even if they left out the serving temperature on these beers from the 'explore'-series.




New Belgiums website

I used to prefer NB Trippel before the Dubbel but I have changed my mind with time. This is still a very good beer but I prefer the somewhat dryer finish that the dubbel have,

Beer style: Belgian Trippel spiced with coriander
Hops - Saaz, Liberty, Target
Malts - Pale, Munich, Victory

IBU - 25
Serving temperature: 10-12C
Alcohol: 7.8%

Food Pairings: This beer is a little bit different to pair with food. I can imagine that something like salty meat would work but I would not bet on it.

APPEARANCE: 4 x 5 = 20
AROMA: 3 x 10 = 30
TASTE: 3 x 10 = 30
EXTRA: 3 x 1 = 3

Total: 83/130

No comments:

Post a Comment